Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where have I been?

Working... working... working. It seems there are not be enough hours in the day to do all the work needed for the patients I see in the busy oncology practice where I work. How can I balance it? I need to prioritize my days and be disciplined to follow through with what I need to do for my work/life balance to be meaningful.

Beginning early in the day with time in the Holy Bible and in prayer and meditation is a no brainer for a believer, yet I end up oversleeping and then the day is just shot. Maybe I can start this again tomorrow. I definitely want to begin to live a more healthy life. Focus on making food choices that are beneficial to my body is something I must begin to do. Also, making time for exercise, even just a walk would make a difference I'm sure.

Phil is concerned about his own physical condition and this is a cry for help to me as the homemaker and keeper of our home. He does not cook and will just eat a sandwich if left on his own. I have pulled out two books that I used to lose weight and be more healthy in the 90's. Food For Life by Pamela M. Smith, R.D. and Eat Well Live Well also by Pamela M. Smith. Both of these plans made sense and were easy. Her plan feels somewhat strict as she does not allow for any choices that one would consider a splurge. But I think I can balance her overall plan with some room for the occassional dessert so we will not feel completely restricted.

Colossians 2:20-23 tell me that my problem is my evil desire and that I don't have to follow man made rules to make myself feel better, but need to know that I am free in Christ and his power will help me to succeed in living on this earth. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment